Stephanie is passionate about supporting animals, particularly elephants. To her, these animals can teach people so much, from their grace and strength to intelligence and patience.
Enter: our initiative with Space for Giants. We have partnered on a limited-edition Flying Elephant Tote and Pouch to support elephant conservation. Stephanie was drawn to Space for Giants because of its multi-pronged approach to preserving elephants: through neutralizing their direct threats, securing their habitats and strengthening legal systems so the law is a true deterrent to poaching in the African communities affected by the illegal wildlife trade.
Proceeds from the sale of each Elephant Tote and Pouch go to Space for Giants programs. A glimpse at some of the ways we can make a difference together:
- 2 totes provides monitoring for a wildlife crime trial for a day in Gabon or Uganda, to make sure poachers don’t evade punishment
- 1 tote protects an elephant in the wild in Kenya for three months
- 1 pouch builds 5 feet of electric fence to keep elephants and farmer safe from each other in Gabon, Uganda or Kenya.
- 1 pouch buys a frontline wildlife ranger in Botswana a mosquito net
- 25 totes trains a ranger as a field medic in a special operations unit in Kenya
The name “Flying Elephant” was partly inspired by Space for Giants’ vision of a secure future for elephants and their landscapes — giving them “wings” to thrive. Let’s help elephants fly!